How’s everyone doing? It seems like long time ago since I last emailed.
Our Jewish siblings celebrated Rosh Hashanah from September 25, 2022 to September 27, 2022. Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year or head of the year or first of the year based on the Hebrew Calendar.
The celebration reminds me that there are different calendars in the world. Calendars evolve just like belief system.
Sermon: A Queer Kinship in Eden: An AroAce Perspective of the Creation Story
Scripture: Genesis 1:26-28 The Message Translation
26-28 God spoke: “Let us make human beings in our image, make them
reflecting our nature
So they can be responsible for the fish in the sea,
the birds in the air, the cattle,
And, yes, Earth itself,
and every animal that moves on the face of Earth.”
God created human beings;
he created them godlike,
Reflecting God’s nature.
He created them male and female.
God blessed them:
“Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge!
Be responsible for fish in the sea and birds in the air,
for every living thing that moves on the face of Earth.”
- We have a guest speaker this Sunday, October 2, 2022. Pastor Song’s pronoun is she/they. They graduated from Union Theological Seminary with an M.Div in biblical studies. They is the worship coordinator at HA:N United Methodist Church and a writing center consultant at Union Theological Seminary. Please welcome Pastor Sulkiro Song.
- We have in person worship at 1:15pm and remote worship. There is no fellowship hour afterwards, but instead will head out for meal and drinks after we make the homeless bags/boxes for the food pantry.
- FPCLA’s 4th Bday on October 9, 2022. We will be going out for ate lunch/early dinner on October 9th after we make the homeless bags/boxes for the food pantry. Please come and celebrate.
- On October 6th, 2022 from 6pm-9pm we will be screening, Chosen, directed by Joseph Juhn, which tells the story of 5 Asian American politicians running for congress. Our very own David Kim who is running for CD34 is in the main story line in the documentary. David recently joined FPCLA, and he has shared with me his beautiful story of being Queer and a PK! Both will be present at the screening. RSVPs at: Eventbrite
- If you have the means, please give to FPCLA.